Friday, October 12, 2012

New Bedroom Set!

I know, I know.  I still haven't posted any pictures of my new apartment.  The living room is pretty set up. I've got a beautiful cream sectional, a light brown shag rug that is super soft, and an espresso coffee table to match the espresso high top dining table.  I'm just waiting to get pictures hung, and then I'll do the grand reveal.  Will post pics soon.  Right now, I'm working on my bedroom.  Because the room is so large, my old Malm IKEA full size bed looks ridiculous in it (picture Will Ferrel's problem in Elf but reversed). 

I just ordered new bedroom furniture to remedy the problem.  I got the IKEA black-brown Hemnes queen sized bed frame, nightstand, and 3 chest drawer.  I would've gotten the bigger 6 drawer chest but since Sarah Jessica Parker could fit her clothes in my closet with room to spare, I figured there was no point. 

  HEMNES Bed frame IKEA Adjustable bed rails allow the use of mattresses of different heights. Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material.
 
HEMNES Chest with 2 drawers IKEA Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material. Extra drawer inside for convenient storage of small items.
 
I'm just now realizing the knobs on the chest are different from the knobs on the nightstand. Hopefully, it's not too noticeable.

 HEMNES 3 drawer chest IKEA Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material. Adapted for GARNITYR box set of 7 - keeps cabinets and drawers organized.
 
 The items should arrive by the end of the month, and then I can move my light wood IKEA Malm furniture into the guest bedroom (and closet the air matress!!).  Excited!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment