Monday, August 27, 2012

Say Goodnight and Go...

Sorry I have been missing in action for the past several days.  Thursday was my last day of work at the Court of Appeals, and I really will miss it.  It was a great transitional job between law school and the real world...my friends and family can attest to the awesome hours and small workload I had (since I peppered them with emails throughout the day, responding to their own messages within seconds).  I'd even feel slighted when they didn't respond within a similar time frame.  How dare they?  Wait, you mean to tell me normal people actually are very busy at work and don't have time to play me on words with friends/respond to my funny imgurs within minutes??!?!  No. Way.



After leaving work on Thursday, Friday was the big moving day.  I gathered the remaining things from my now empty apartment and headed to my new home for the next few years: Greensboro (not before stopping in Chapel Hill to celebrate my friend's birthday and going to S.'s friend's wedding).  Although my new place in Greensboro is so nice (pics to come later), my Raleigh apartment was awesome.  It was my first big girl place (no roommate = no rules!).  Check it out:

(The bottom take out box has the yummiest sopapilla cheesecake I have ever eaten.  It's from Remedy Diner in Raleigh.  And it is to die for.  Oh, and it's vegan!  Neither S. nor I could even slightly tell.)

  (Sad, empty apartment.  That middle room right there was my closet.  Yes, you could sleep in there.  Yes, I have slept in there.)

Usually, moving doesn't phase me.  I have done it over 10 times in the last 8 years.  I guess I never even stick around a place long enough to get attached to it.  But, Raleigh, you were different.  You were so cute.  You felt like my first home since I left my parents for college back in 2004.  I made several good friends (Jonathan, Jill, and Digyna - with whom I'm going to Thailand with on Friday!!) and had so many good memories.  After all, it's also where S. and I met and hit it off for the first time.  And most memorably (S. will get mad at me now), it is home to the best, freakin late night cheese dip you'll ever have.  Love you always, Armadillo Grill.  Until next time!

For now, it's time to say goodnight and go to Raleigh and hello to Greensboro.  Wish me luck!  I start at Brooks Pierce on September 24th.  What will I be doing until then?  Thailand with Digyna for 16 days!  Will do my best to keep the blog updated, so live vicariously through us as we trek our way through Thailand.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the updates from Thailand!!! :) I'm so sad you moved but we will have visits and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of the new place!

    ReplyDelete