Monday, August 20, 2012

Moving Day Disaster

I moved My friends and parents helped me move most of my stuff out of my apartment yesterday.  I can't believe it's been a year already!



I also don't think anyone could have had more of a disastrous move than yours truly:

1. My dad accidentally hit some pipes while trying to drive the moving van into my new condo's parking deck.

2. Steam started coming out of one of the pipes.

3. The pipes burst.

4. The fire alarms went off.

5. The fire trucks came.

6. One of the busted pipes may have been  a sewage line.

7. Think about that.

8. Everyone's water was shut off for several hours.

9. The building could have been condemned.

10. Everyone would have had to stay somewhere else that night.

11. We tried to keep moving me in, but then the elevator stopped working.

12. I live on the 3rd floor.

13. I have very heavy stuff.

14. The daughter of the guy who was helping me move got stuck in the elevator.

15. Oh, and it was pouring.  So that was pretty sweet.

But I think everything is okay now (except that everyone at my new place probably hates me).  Oh well, whatcha gonna do.  Enchiladas help make things better:



I filled five with fat free refried beans, onions, grape tomatoes, and spinach and the other five with the same stuff except mushrooms subbed in for the tomatoes.  Rolled up and topped with enchilada sauce (canned sauce warmed on the stove with cumin, garlic, and paprika added) and shredded reduced fat mexican cheese, then baked in the oven for 20 minutes at 350.  Broil for another 5 minutes.  Garnished with cilantro and a few with bean sprouts (I was slightly confused with the mix of genres too, but don't ask, S. loves bean sprouts).  Served with homemade guac and a side of sweet corn on the cob.  It sure did help us forget our day!  (Excuse the haphazard presentation, I was pooped!)

3 comments:

  1. oh. my. god. I am so sorry. I'm glad everything turned out okay and that you got all your stuff in. Moves are seriously the worst...but yours may take the cake.

    Can't wait to see pictures of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i know! it was awful. but will just have to laugh it off.

      will post pics when i start setting it up! :)

      Delete
  2. I want some of thoze frikn enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete