Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


This year, we went to Atlanta to spend the holiday with my dad's brother and his family. Thanksgiving is always a tough time for me. Just thinking about all the turkeys that are killed every year for Thanksgiving makes me so sad. I wish I had the power to "turkey pardon" all of them.

  On a brighter note, for our Thanksgiving meal, we had a traditional Indian meal of daal baati (baked whole wheat balls, covered in ghee, served with Indian lentil soup).  It was so delicious I'm salivating right now just thinking about it. 
 
Parents walking around Atlantic Station.  Pretty lights!  My cousins have a nice condo right in the center of Atlantic Station.  Love it.

My cousins, Vijay and Vinita, are twins and were born on November 25th, so we always celebrate their bday during the Thanksgiving holiday.  This is us at Aja, an Asian restaurant in Buckhead.  Vinita is in the middle, and their little sister, Nisha, is on the far right.

This is me with the birthday boy, Vijay. 
 
And this is how we LOVE ending every night: with a four to five hour game of poker!  And I came in second, so I enjoyed it even more.
 
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment