Friday, December 14, 2012

Bday Boy

Wednesday was my dad's birthday.  He turned 63 and doesn't believe he is doesn''t look a day over 25.  We had a good old time celebrating at my apartment.  I baked him an eggless french vanilla double layer cake with espresso cream frosting and chocolate chips. 
 
 
Unfortunately, it looks and sounds better than it tastes.  I tried applesauce and greek yogurt as egg substitutes, and although the cake was very moist, it had a tangy after taste, not something you'd want in an espresso cake.  Ah well, you can't win em all!  I will say the frosting was delicious, and you can't get to the aftertaste if you've never stopped eating.
 
 


 
We skyped my brother in on the singing and while my dad opened his presents.  We got him a Ralph Lauren Sports Coat and Aqua di Gio cologne.  Then, I took them out to Mellow Mushroom for dinner.  It was a great night! 
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAPA!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment